DopaBoost™ is designed to support the body’s natural production of dopamine, one of the primary catecholamines. Dopamine is essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system and is associated with attention, learning, movement, balance, and mood regulation. The primary ingredient in DopaBoost™ is Mucuna pruriens, a botanical which naturally contains L-DOPA, the metabolic precursor to dopamine which can cross the blood-brain barrier. Additional ingredients include EGCg (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), acetyl L-tyrosine, quercetin and vitamin B6, all selected for their synergistic roles in the production and regulation of dopamine.
Details DopaBoost™ may be necessary in the clinical support of degenerative neurological disorders related to dopamine activity, such as Parkinson's disease and dopa-responsive dystonia (DRD).
- Mucuna pruriens - a botanical which naturally contains L-DOPA, the metabolic precursor to dopamine, which can cross the blood-brain barrier. The Mucuna material in DopaBoost™ is standardized to contain an extremely potent 60% L-DOPA.
- EGCg (from green tea extract) – an antioxidant with brain-protective properties. The polyphenols in green tea offer neuroprotective properties and help to increase the availability of dopamine. EGCg has been shown to have a positive effect on the electrical activity of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra -the area of the brain where dopamine is made.
- Quercetin – a flavonoid present in many fruits and vegetables; naturally inhibits COMT (catechol-o-methyl transferase) and MAO activities, the key enzymes involved in the metabolism of dopamine. Quercetin works synergistically with Mucuna pruriens and EGCg as it helps to preserve dopamine levels.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine - the acetylated derivative of L-tyrosine, the amino acid from which dopamine is synthesized. Acetylation helps to increase the stability and solubility of tyrosine, making it more efficient and bioavailable, and therefore, the superior choice for raising the body’s levels of tyrosine.
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate - vitamin B6 in its metabolically active form; needed for the decarboxylation of L-DOPA to dopamine. P5P is a coenzyme for dopa decarboxylase, the enzyme responsible for the conversion of L-DOPA to dopamine. Dopa decarboxylase is important in the improvement of Parkinson’s disease.
DopaBoost™ may benefit:
- Neurological conditions affecting movement/balance
- Behavioral disorders
- Involuntary movements/ticks
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders
- Cognition issues -memory and learning disorders
- Those who need enhanced release of growth hormones
- Lack of motivation
- Low prolactin production (involved in lactation and sexual gratification)
- Those who test low in urine metabolites homovanillate (HVA) and/or vanilmandelate (VMA) as found in CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Profile) testing